VOSD works with dog rescuers & NGO’s throughout India for the betterment of lives of stray dogs. Earlier on a case on case basis, we have engaged and helped different agencies including donating 15 laptops and computers with CUPA Bangalore, Sarvodaya Bangalore and Friendicoes as beneficiaries, made fundraisers that made critical infrastructure possible for Maruthi Shelter in Bangalore and St Bernardo in Gurgaon and many others. We have paid for rescue & medical care hundreds of dogs in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and 30 other cities and for their eventual transportation to the VOSD Sanctuary.
The VOSD GRANTS are for you as a rescuer or a registered non-profit and gives access to VOSD’s reach and goodwill to help the dogs which are in your immediate areas. You have access to the VOSD GRANTS after a one-time registration with VOSD.
WHO ARE VOSD GRANTS AVAILABLE TO
You can apply for VOSD GRANTS if you are
- An individual or a group of rescuers with a minimum of 3 yrs of operational experience
- You are a stated no-kill dog rescue facility
- A registered trust or NGO with 3 yrs of work. In the case of trusts, preference is given to non-80G trusts. Trusts with FCRA certificates can’t apply for VOSD GRANTS program.
WHO ARE VOSD GRANTS NOT AVAILABLE TO
- A registered trust with an FCRA
- Entities that receive any form of government funding from Central, State or Local governments
- Volunteer or officeholder with a non-profit or trust may not apply for VOSD Grants.
VOSD GRANTS will be given as one or more of the following categories:
VOSD develops and sells world class-leading over the counter drugs and applications including for ticks and flea management, nutritional supplements, grooming, etc.
- To help the dogs that are in your permanent care in your shelter/ home etc VOSD will ship you monthly/ quarterly a predetermined set of VOSD medical supplies.
- For each set of 20 dogs per quarter, you will receive up to 3 x 200ml bottles of VOSD Fipronil tick and flea treatment, 3 x 200 ml of medicated shampoo, 1 nutritional supplement, 1 tick and flea treatment for outdoor use. Up to a maximum value of Rs 10,000 per quarter. The annual value of each grant will be Rs 40,000 per grantee per year.
Rescue Grants are cash grants that are towards rescue for a specific dog. This is available to you strictly as reimbursement of payments, the treatment is not done at commercial rates but you’ve found an optimal treatment cost, provided you supply the amount of funds unpaid and pictures/footage/background of the dog(s) that need help. The cash grant is up to a maximum of Rs 10,000 per dog and not exceeding Rs 200,000 per grantee per year for co-sponsored dogs.
In this grant, VOSD will co-sponsor a project you have conceived. VOSD will need to understand the project as a project report and on mail and phone discussions. VOSD may request you to limit, expand or modify the project based on our cost, operational & management experience. Such co-sponsored projects will be crowdfunded by VOSD jointly with you and run on VOSD’s digital platforms and preferred crowdfunding platforms.
These grants could be for veterinary assistance or infrastructure, veterinary equipment, spay/neuter programs, special needs programs, medical expenses for senior animals, rescue or adoption programs, street feeder programs
VOSD’s obligation will be to the tune of funds transferred/delivered by the crowdfunding platform. You may not independently raise funds for the same project in a period of 12 months from the conclusion of the co-sponsored project. The annual project grant will not exceed Rs 8-9 lacs for each grantee.
DIGITAL MARKETING AND SOCIAL OUTREACH, OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
VOSD has tremendous experience in managing digital outreach, social media and digital marketing, campaign management, branding and e-commerce with:
- A monthly engagement rate of 1 million-plus engagement on our social platforms and websites
- An operational e-commerce platform built from scratch including product development, branding and order fulfilment
- 2-3 campaigns run annually with an average of Rs 10 lacs realization per campaign
- Managing a supply chain and facility with 850+ resident dogs and a vet hospital
We share this experience with the community in talks, one on one consultations etc. As a VOSD GRANTEE, you will have 4-5hrs of a FREE consultation with our experts and access to VOSD workshops priced at Rs 10,000.
VOSD SANCTUARY GRANTS
As a VOSD GRANTEE, you will be able to send up to 5 dogs (limited at 1 dog per 20 dogs in your care) per year to the VOSD Sanctuary without any surrender consideration, otherwise this costs up to Rs 100,000 for the year. This facility is dependent on our overall admission capacity and approvals for sending dogs will be given on case basis.
HOW TO BECOME A VOSD GRANTEE
These are the steps for becoming a VOSD GRANTEE
- Start by sending a one-page email (600-1000 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details, stating when you/ the organization started working, its purpose, link to your social/online pages for reference, reason why the grant (clearly state amount of funds needed in INR) is being requested and why do you wish to associate with VOSD.
- Depending on this and an initial assessment of your requirement more information including proof of funds received by govt agencies, references, etc. may be requested.
Each grants email proposals will be reviewed by the VOSD team on an ongoing basis. Proposals will not be considered for full evaluation if:
The applicant, project or costs are not directly related to the welfare of stray and/or abandoned dogs.
The GRANTS FIGURES are indicative numbers and may be modified for individual grantees needs.