Free Surrender – Old Stray Dogs
VOSD HOSPICE: “END OF LIFE” CARE FOR OLD STRAY DOGS
Stray Dogs need to scavenge or fight for food and it requires them to be able-bodied at the best of times. Old infirm dogs, especially those with illnesses find it difficult to find even water and food let alone keep a territory. For the 1st time in India, there is a place for dogs like that – the VOSD Hospice. And the best part is it costs nothing more than your kindness and compassion.
A dog in our care at the VOSD Hospice will have the best protection from the elements, a warm bed, nutritious food, and clean water, palliative veterinary care. VOSD has a strict policy against euthanasia so as much as possible the dog will pass on as natural biological death. When a dog passes on they are cremated or buried at the VOSD Sanctuary with honor.
If you chose to bring a stray dog to the VOSD Hospice, please remember that this is still as per the terms of the VOSD Standard Operating Procedure on visitation which means no individual updates are provided for surrendered dogs neither are visits allowed.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have written to firstname.lastname@example.org and have received confirmation about bringing in the dog to VOSD. Any confirmation will be provided on receiving from you on mail (1) a vet certificate on the dog’s age (2) their present condition (3) diagnosis and prescription of medicines if any (4) and a photograph of the dog. We will receive the dog from you on verification that (5) the dog is tick and flea free (since the dog will come to boarding/halfway home first) & (6) has had her DLHPPi + Rabies shots. Please also remember that the terms of depositing the dog at the VOSD Hospice are the same as the (7) Please note we do not allow visits for surrendered dogs nor do we provide individual updates on such dogs as per our surrender policy.
Surrender Process Explained
- As a dog rescuer you will have to take custody of the stray dog/ abandoned pet dog and send the dog to a foster care or NGO to get vaccination and vet checkup done plus ensure the dog becomes free of ticks and fleas.
- Post that you will be guided through the VOSD surrender process in which all these medical certificates have to be submitted online with the latest pics/videos of the dog.
- Then our team will connect you with our boarding partner in Bangalore to drop the dog. You will have to bear the transport cost as we do not provide transportation.
- VOSD will pay the boarding fees till we pick up the dog from the boarding center.
- After we pick up the dog from the boarding partner center, our team will send you an update when the dog reaches VOSD. That is the only update we share about surrendered dogs and close the surrender ticket.
- We do not allow visits for surrendered dogs nor do we provide any individual updates about the surrendered dog. This is our standard surrender policy.
- If you do not agree with our surrender policy, kindly do not approach us to surrender the dog.
- Reporting a dog to VOSD and expecting us to pick up the dog from the street will not work. We don’t have emergency dog rescue services and we don’t admit unvaccinated dogs at VOSD.
<Insert gallery of old stray dogs here who are living with VOSD today >