At VOSD Sanctuary & Hospital, we are looking to grow our team and require caregivers for the hundreds of permanent, rescued resident dogs under our care.
WANT TO BE A VOSD CAREGIVER?
Do you love dogs? Are you great at handling dogs; interacting with them and taking care of them? At the VOSD Sanctuary & Hospital, dogs live here for life. Here, they are not ‘patients’ – they are the reason we exist.
As a VOSD Caregiver, you will also be living with them – in good quality accommodation, of course. Our Sanctuary has 100+ enclosures and kennels, swimming pools, a hydrotherapy pool, an agility park, high-quality human grade nutrition, 24×7 power supply. To care better for our dogs, we also have an in-house fully-equipped Hospital, surrounded by 600+ trees and a 7 feet high perimeter wall. You will be a part of a family that has 20+ residents with their families and children, who also call VOSD their home.
WORK PROFILE FOR CAREGIVERS
- Work with the feeding and cleaning teams. This includes:
– Watch the dogs feeding to check for any change in behaviour.
– Watch-over cleaning of their premises.
- Work with the maintenance teams. This includes:
– Ensure clean water supply in individual kennels / enclosures.
– Flag any power outages that need to be fixed.
- Check for signs of disease or distress in the VOSD dogs.
- Focus on, socialise and nurture our dogs individually.
- Take dogs out for regular exercise at the agility park.
- Take old dogs for a swim.
- Work with nervous dogs to ensure socialisation.
- Brush, bathe, trim nails, clean ears, remove ticks and / or apply any required treatment.
- Record weight, size, physical condition, treatments received, medications given and food intake.
- Work with the Veterinarian team if & when required. This includes:
– Assist in administering medications, brush, bathe and trim nails of the dogs.
- Keep records of feeding, exercise and medication schedule.
- Take pets to Veterinarians for treatments with the VOSD Ambulance going to Bangalore.
- Ensure medical inventory is in order.
- Ensure safe conveyance of all animals.
POSITIONS & SALARIES
- We are looking to fill 2 positions.
- Annual salary starting at 2 lakhs CTC + Residence.
- This is a residential position with family accommodation provided at the VOSD Sanctuary & Hospital.
- This position is suitable for both women and men.
Standard working hours are 9 AM – 6 PM.
However, you will be required to handle any emergencies outside of these hours.
TRAINING & PROGRESSION WITH VOSD
- VOSD Founder, Rakesh Shukla lives on-site at the VOSD Sanctuary and Hospital as well, and you will be working directly with him.
- You will be a highly visible member of the team. VOSD has been featured on innumerable publications such as BBC, CNN, Hindustan Times and more.
- You will be expected to guide and interact with International exchange veterinarian teams, veterinarian students, volunteers and interns.
Interested applicants should reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org