You will find the richest sources of data in population, rabies control and other issues pertaining to strays here.
Animal Birth Control (Dogs) Rules, 2001: Official Notification on 24th December, 200
- Press Release (5 Aug 2011): Press Release on Forensics of Sandeeps death by US Team
- Forensic Report (4 Aug 2011) by James Crosby on the death of Sandeep at New Yelahanka Town in Bangalore on 1 July 2001: Full text of forensic evidence review by US experts made public for the first time: Sandeep’s death not because of animals
- Report (The Voice of Stray Dogs, 2011):
Whitepaper on the mass hysteria created in the press on an alleged dog attack in New Yelahanla Town on 1 July 2011. The mass hysteria fed by the media, the legal standpoint and the reality of what happened.
- Presentation (Dr Chinny S. Krishna, 2010): Humane Dog Population Control is as simple as ABC: Dog population control and ABC achievement in India
- Report (Dr. S. Chinny Krishna, December 2010): The Success of the ABC-AR Programme in India. A study of the Animal Birth Control (ABC) – Anti Rabies (AR) programme and a comparison with the earlier catch-and-kill procedure conclusively shows the success and feasibility of the former in both the control of the street dog population and the incidence of rabies in dogs and humans. Chennai has not reported a single case of human rabies since January 2007 to the time of writing this in December 2010.
- Presentation (BBMP, 2010-2011): Presentation of BBMP’s ABC Program by Dr Parvez Piran ( 2010-11 ). Authored by BBMP. Shows – the expense on ABC has actually dropped, it was Rs 1.78 crores in 2008-2009 and Rs 1.04 crores in 2009-2010. Essentially the same expense level as 2002-2003.
- Presentation (Dr Ilona Otter IPAN, unknown): Animal Birth Control (ABC) using the Catch-Neuter-Vaccinate-Release (CNVR)-method. Dr. Ilona Otter, IPAN
- Report (KIMS, 2007) ABC performance audit report by KIMS 2007 submitted to BBMP in 2007, from where BBMP officials, Stray Dog Free Bangalore (SDFB) and the media often selectively mis-quotes from in support of the argument that ABC is not working and ABC rules should be amended to resume indiscriminate dog culling. The truth is otherwise – read story here.
- Report (ICAM, unknown) Report on HUMANE DOG POPULATION MANAGEMENT GUIDANCE by International Companion Animal Management Coalition. This document is intended for use by government bodies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) which are involved in dog population management.
- Research Paper (J. F. Reece, S. K. Chawla, 2006): Rabies with ABC Control in Jaipur, published in The Veterinary Record, September 16, 2006
- Report (Louisa Tasker, 2007): Stray Animal Control Practices (Europe) – A report into the strategies for controlling stray dog and cat populations is authored by Louisa Tasker and is based upon questionnaire responses returned by Member Societies and Associated Organisations of WSPA and RSPCA International (2006 – 2007)
- Report (Brian Faulkner, unknown): Humane Stray Dog Control by Brian Faulkner MIACE. In 1999, Brian joined the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) and was responsible for managing many of their stray dog control programmes globally.
- Research Paper (Totton,S.C.,etal, 2010): Stray dog population demographics in Jodhpur, India following a population control/ rabies vaccination program.
- Report (Dorothea Friz veterinary of LEGA PRO ANIMALE, 2003): The Problem of Stray Animals practical and effective management methods. Published by The Foundation Mondo Animale Onlus.
- Report (WHO, 1993) WHO Technical Report Series 931 WHO EXPERT CONSULTATION ON RABIES.
- AWBI Guides, published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How to file an FIR’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How To Help An Existing Shelter’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on Patrolling Markets For Wild Animal Bird Sales & Sale Of Animal Products; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How To Check A Zoo’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How To Check A Dairy’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How to Sensitise The Media Towords Animal Welfare’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’